Self Storage Events and Auctions in Birmingham
Upcoming Events (Click event to expand details)
October 03: GIVE YOUR STORAGE UNIT A CHECK-UP!
- 10/03/2018 at 8:30 am
- 12/31/2018 at 5:30 pm
- Give Your Storage Unit a
After the heat and humidity of the summer, and, if you used a drive-up storage unit all summer long, you really need to get in there and check that everything is in good shape – especially if you rarely visited. No matter what type of storage unit you have, be it drive-up, inside access or temperature controlled, this is an important step to take when the seasons change.
Everyone knows the saying, “Out of sight, out of mind.” That can be the case quite often when using storage. Come visit your unit and re-familiarize yourself with is contents. If you haven’t visited in a while, it’s easy to forget what you have tucked away in there. Now is the time to replace the container of Damp-Rid you placed in there during the spring. This will help keep the moisture levels inside your storage unit as low as possible and help prevent mold or mildew. If you simply gathered free boxes from the grocery store to pack away your stuff and they are falling apart now, you may need to purchase some new ones. Overton Road Self Storage is fully stocked packing and moving supplies, including a variety of boxes that resist crushing, will stack nicely and are specially treated to help prevent mold and mildew.
Is your door bulging, drooping or squeaking when you open and close it? This is very unlikely, but if you do notice anything of this nature, please stop in our office and notify the property manager in our business office. We can then have our maintenance team take a look and keep everything in tip-top shape.
October 23: HOLIDAY STORAGE TIPS
- 10/23/2018 at 7:00 am
- 12/31/2018 at 5:30 pm
- HOLIDAY STORAGE TIPSThe holidays are coming quickly, and everyone knows what that means – time to start planning gifts and where to store them. Whether you start shopping early, or, are a last-minute shopper, finding a place to store your gifts until the holiday can be a challenge. A storage unit makes hiding gifts easy! Rent one today to wrap and store your gifts! Here are a few tips on holiday storage ideas to make sure your holiday goes smoothly.
Know gate hours
At Overton Road Self Storage you never have to worry about when you can access your unit. We provide 24-hour access to our tenants This gives you time to plan ahead and have everything prepared for the holiday!
Be sure to store your items in a fashion that allows you to efficiently and quickly gather your gifts to take back to your house. Here are some tips on organizing your gifts:
· Re-use old boxes or containers
· Color code boxes,storage bins, or wrapping paper
· Label boxes with a smudge-proof marker
· Store same type of gifts together
· Store gifts for the same person together
· When storing light strings, wrap them around paper tubes from wrapping paper to prevent tangling
Protect gifts and decorations
Make sure your gifts stay safe by following these tips when choosing your unit and storing your presents:
· Keep climate control in mind
· Keep unit size in mind
· If storing fragile items, use bubble wrap / tissue paper
· Use leftover wrapping paper to further protect ornaments and decorations (shred it)
At Overton Road Self Storage we are here to help!
Rent a storage unit to day to prepare for the holiday season!
October 5, 2015
By Self Storage